Monday, December 14, 2009

Big Boy

A week ago I went to the doctor and had a sonogram. The sonogram revealed that Baby Lever is a big ol' boy weighing in at just under 9 pounds with two weeks left until my due date. The doctor is estimating that he will end up being somewhere around the 10 pound mark (plus or minus a few ounces) once he arrives. After much deliberation and discussion with the doctor, we have a scheduled delivery date of Friday, December 18th at 7:30 in the morning. We are both really excited to meet this baby but are now scrambling around to finish all of the chores and errands we have been putting off.

Yesterday I had a burst of energy and thought it would be a good idea to wash my car. At one point our neighbor came outside to see a nine and a half months pregnant lady, barefoot, in her pajamas, washing the car in the middle of December. I am sure it was quite the sight! I also managed to buy and wrap all of our Christmas presents, purchase and put up a Christmas tree, do some laundry, hang some stuff in the nursery and catch up on all of my TV shows. Of course today I was exhausted but at least I got some things accomplished.

My last day of work will be tomorrow. That gives me 2 full days to finish getting ready for the baby (although I am sure you are never really completely ready) and rest. Friday morning Myers and I will head to the hospital at 6:00 a.m. and by 8:00 or so we will be able to finally meet that baby face to face!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Hoooooray for that baby!!

Laura said...

In 12 hours from now, he will be here! Woo hoo! Ahhh...just yesterday, we were just kids, sitting on the floor of the resource room, talking about how you can't trust birds...now you're going to be a mom. Ah heck :)