Thursday, April 29, 2010

Big Changes

After 4 years at ACIG, I will be leaving the insurance field to begin a new phase of my life. After months of prayer, thoughts, meetings and interviews, I have been hired as the Director of Education - Membership at Hackberry Creek Church. I could not be more excited and can't wait to get started. My new friend, Kelly Shultz, will be the Director of Education - Outreach and the two of us will both be working part time.

Since I am moving from a full time job to a part time job I will now have a lot more time at home with Owen! Myers and I feel so blessed to be in a situation where one of us can be home with Owen most of the week. We are going to have to get used to cutting back on some of our favorite luxuries (i.e. going out to eat) but we both know that the "sacrifice" is well worth the reward!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Karen,
That is soooo exciting! I am really happy for you guys. The sacrifice is well worth it.....glad you are going to get more time with Owen!!

Laura said...

Yay for new adventures and more time with Owen! I'm so excited for your new job--you will be so great at it!