Sunday, August 29, 2010

Rockin' at Church

I (Karen) really enjoying singing. I do not claim to be a professional or anything close. I would say that I am a decent enough singer that you are not likely to cover your ears and run away if I am singing in your presence. If you were to come to Hackberry Creek Church at 9:00 on a Sunday morning, you would most likely find me singing (yes, into a microphone and everything) at the altCHURCH service. Last weekend there was a party to welcome the new 6th graders into the youth group and we performed a cheesy medley for the parents and teenagers. The medley included such classics as What I Like About You, Boom Boom Pow (haha), Wanted Dead or Alive and Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song.

This morning, just for fun, we decided to play the medley at the end of the church service. Owen was there and Myers had him on his shoulders in the back of the room. There is a part in the Immigrant Song that goes, "ahhhhhhh ahhh" (look it up on YouTube if you are not familiar). Anyway, there is a slight pause between "ahhs" in the song and during that instrumental part, Owen was singing along shouting out "ahhhh". Everyone turned around to look at him and it was pretty funny.

Up until this week, Owen was going down for a nap everyday right around 9:00 a.m. This was fine during the week but posed a problem on Sundays since that is the exact time that church begins. It is great that he is now awake longer and we can all go to church as a family which is so important to us. When all of those tired teenagers are staring blankly at me whilst I sing, it is nice to see a smiling baby face among the crowd. Plus, when the message is boring I can play with Owen instead of paying attention, just kidding.

And now some pictures....just because.



Just so you know, he is laughing in this one, not crying out in pain. He has ticklish shoulders apparently.


1 comment:

Laura said...

I like the new look of the blog! Yay Owen for being a backup singer for his mom! And Yay for him staying awake for longer periods of time! I love the laughing pictures...he is so cute and growing so fast!

P.S. I looked at early Facebook pictures of him tonight, when he was about the same age that Emily is now, and it's pretty amazing how much older he looks now!