Monday, September 20, 2010

9 Months

Owen had his 9 month check up at the doctor's office today. I like to make the first appointment of the day in order to avoid as many sick babies as possible. Usually at the 8:30 a.m. appointment time we are the first ones in the office.

The first thing they do is weigh Owen completely nudey. At all of his other appointments I have had to lay him down on the scale and hope that he doesn't shoot a stream of pee at the nurse. Today it was weird to have him sit by himself on the scale with no problem. Owen weighs 20 pounds which, according to the doctor, puts him in about the 45th percentile for weight. He is 30 inches long/tall (93rd percentile).

Once the doctor comes into the exam room she lets us ask all of our questions. We love Dr. Han! She never seems rushed or annoyed and always answers all of our questions. Owen is right on target for all of his milestones and was in a really good mood for his check up.

I personally hate, hate, hate getting my finger pricked for the doctor to draw blood. They had to do that to Owen today and I was nervous for him. He didn't even flinch! I couldn't believe it. He also had to get 2 shots and although he did cry, it was only a little and he stopped as soon as I picked him up.

I know everyone says this, but I can't believe Owen is already 9 months old. Even factoring in the first few months of surviving on barely any sleep, the time has flown by. It is weird to think that 9 months ago he just laid around, slept, pooped and cried and now he is crawling, pulling himself up, feeding himself, "talking" (he says mama and dada), and smiling and laughing all the time.

Although it is a lot of work (duh) Myers and I are having a great time being parents! Owen is a laid back baby and is almost always in a great mood.

 

3 comments:

Laura said...

Glad it went so well! I am already dreading Em's 4 month appointment! It has gone by really fast from my perspective too. It seems like not that long ago that Meredith and I were wandering around that giant hospital, trying to find the L&D wing to visit you and new, tiny baby Owen! He look especially cute and un-baby-like in that picture!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

he does look awfully grown up!

Anna said...

He is adorable!