Monday, November 22, 2010

Fall Weather and New Tricks


Last week we had some nice fall weather in Texas which hasn't happened a lot so far this year. I took advantage of the cooler temperatures and had an impromptu photo shoot with Owen in the front yard. As you can see, I am not a very good photographer but it was fun to pretend like I was. I am pretty sure the two lawn service men taking their break across the street thought I was a crazy person. My goal for next year is to learn how to use my nice fancy camera so that I can take better pictures. I also probably need to learn how to use a good editing program too.

 

 

 

 


In the last week or so, Owen has learned 2 new tricks that are particularly amazing to me.

1. He is now able to stand up in the middle of the room without holding on to anything. For some reason, this milestone was almost more exciting to me than his first steps. I am not sure why but it just seems like a difficult thing to do and he was really pleased with himself when he was able to finally do it with ease.

2. I am in the process of transitioning Owen from bottles to cups and have not had the best luck. Over the course of the last week we have made great strides with the sippy cup but I am still holding the cup for him rather than Owen being able to drink it by himself. He knows how the sippy cup works and every now and then he will successfully drink from it, but most often he just shakes the cup instead of drinking from it. The other day I decided to see if I could get him to drink from a regular cup using a straw, on the first try he was able to do it!! This was another trick that was amazing to me. I don't know how he was able to figure it out on the first try but it was pretty neat to see. Now he loves using a straw to wash down his gourmet meals.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love your pictures of Owen...especially the close up ones of his cute little face. Owen is so good at learning new tricks! Can't believe he's almost 1!!