Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Bit of This, A Bit of That



I haven't posted in awhile. I was waiting for something exciting to happen in my life so that I would have something exciting to write about. I realized that I might be waiting for a long time so I might as well just write whatever. So, here is a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Enjoy.

1. At my high school reunion I had a handful of people tell me that they had found my blog through other blogs. I was pleased to hear that I wasn't just writing to no one on here. I was even more pleased when a couple of the people said that they actually enjoyed what I had written and/or thought it was funny. So, to all of you who are reading this, thanks! I am glad that you are taking the time to see what I have to blabber on about. Please consider leaving me a comment, I love comments. :)

2. I LOVE Thanksgiving. It is my favorite holiday. I have been looking forward to Thanksgiving since about July. This year my sister Sarah and (double) brother-in-law Reese are hosting the Lever and Ellington families at their house. I can't wait! I have been asked to make the most important (and most difficult) dish...green bean casserole. I have to go shopping this weekend for the best and most fresh cans of green beans and cream of mushroom soup.

3. Owen took his first steps last week! He walked from Myers to me and it was great! We have walking practice every night. He prefers to walk if he is holding a remote or toy in one of his hands but has doubled his previous record of 6 steps in a row to 12. Crawling is still his main mode of transportation but I bet by Christmas he will be challenging other babies to sprinting races down the streets.

4. Owen's birthday is just over a month away. I have made no plans for it yet. My co-worker Kelly says I better get on that soon. She is probably right.

5. Owen has really started liking his bath time. He has very fancy bath toys that most people probably couldn't afford but I will have nothing but the best for my baby. His bath toys include: a wash cloth, a tupperware container and two floaty fisher price men that are left over from when I was a baby. So, for a grand total of about 2 dollars worth of stuff, Owen has lots of fun playing in the tub. He mostly just splashes around by slapping the water with the wash cloth. It is pretty funny.

6. This past weekend I went to a baby shower for my good pal Jamie. There were about 45 pregnant ladies at the shower. One of them was going to the hospital that same day to have a baby. It was great to see a bunch of people that I have known for 20+ years, but don't get to see very often. I am hoping that even though Owen will be older than their babies, Jamie and Amanda and Liz will still invite us to their play dates!

7. Sorry for jumping all over the place...and for the sarcasm. Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

The Womacks said...

8. Jamie will for sure want to do play dates with Owen, but she can't speak for Liz or Amanda.

9. Don't apologize for your sarcasm.

10. Lunch soon.

Laura said...

I definitely always enjoy your posts...and Myers' too. I think it's about time to hear from ole' Myers. Have you purchased any "baby's 1st thanksgiving" type garb for Owen? Also, random question...at what point can you give a baby a lemon piece to taste?